Independent Contractor (2011-Present)
Delivers fact-based, customized solutions through the employment of Advanced Project Management principles that are consistent with clients’ organizational structure and culture. Projects include but are not limited to:
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Establishing Co-ops and Effective Distributed Teams
- Governance at the Organizational, Business Unit or Program and Project Levels
- "Operationalization" of Projects
- Organizational Change Management
- Policy Development, Articulation, and Adoption
- Project Management and Establishing PMOs
- Process Improvement and Streamlining
- Strategic Planning Preparation, Development, Implementation and Alignment
- Virtual Assistance, Projects as Assigned
Program Compliance Manager
- US agricultural exports program
- Ensure compliance with federal agency standards
- Reporting as mandated on behalf of in-country representative
American Society of Anesthesiologists (2007-2010)
Outside Consultant (2007-2008) and Manager of Governance: Project Manager III (2008-2010)
- Successfully implemented the governance component of the three-year Organizational Improvement Initiative and oversaw a budget area of $900,000+
- Reduced meetings handbook costs from $11,000 in February 2008 to $633 in October 2010 by instituting a “green initiative” that eliminated nearly all paper publications.
- Streamlined operational, labor and process structures to serve a 44,000-member organization with a total force of three staff.
- Employed advanced project management (APM) techniques to align policy-related activities with strategic objectives. Monitored, guided and supported the activities of 107 committees, subcommittees, ad hoc committees, editorial boards and distributed teams through objective project tracking, data collection, and the creation and maintenance of an organization-wide “audit trail”.
- Collaborated with nine internal departments, interconnecting the matrices and eliminating duplication of efforts; served as liaison to several committees as well as ASA’s three major governing bodies: the Administrative Council, Board of Directors and House of Delegates.
National Center for Learning and Teaching in Nanoscale Science and Engineering (NCLT)(2006-2007)
Renamed (2011) Nanotechnology Center for Learning and Teaching
Research Associate: Project Manager
- Project management of eight distributed teams comprised of members from ten universities and Argonne National Laboratory over one-year contract period.
- Researched and prepared proprietary white papers on nanoscience, STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education, and wrote press releases and contributed website content
- Collaborated with the International Virtual Institute (IVI) toward the NSF-mandated launch of the NanoEd Resource Portal, which was completed in advance of the required date. Tracked and analyzed server data to determine impact on the scientific community of the Center’s websites.
- Nonprofits, including Labor Unions and 527 Political Organizations
- Governance and Policy
- Project, Program and Portfolio Management and Establishing PMOs
- Start-ups and Scale-ups, Including Co-ops
- Operations management, Process Improvement
- Strategic Planning and Alignment to Strategic Initiatives
Stanford Certified Project Manager (SCPM) | Project Management (PM III)
Serving Public, Private, Non-profit Sectors and Academia | Consulting | Research
(c) 2010-2022, Susan Singer, SCPM